Monday, December 17, 2007

If You Can't Differentiate Between "Your" and "You're" You Deserve To Die

Seriously now it is not that hard. Just try it. It is frightening how many individuals fail to understand the difference between the words "you're" and "your".

Let me make this simple for some of you out there.

you're
= It is a contraction, a combination of the words you and are.
For example:
"You're an idiot if you cannot differentiate between the two." ("YOU ARE an idiot if you cannot differentiate between the two.")*

"I don't know what you're talking about." ("I don't know what YOU ARE talking about.")

your =
The word your is the possessive form of you, referring to something that a person has, or something that belongs to the person in discussion (or, the person you are talking to).
For example:
"Is your head wrapping around this concept yet?"
"Your improved grammar will make me very happy."

I swear to you this is a very important thing to learn!
You don't want to end up like this dumb ass.



Now and forever everyone will know that you can't spell with shit. I don't know who is more to blame here with this. The dumb ass that gave the design to the tattoo artist, or the tattoo artist for not noticing the error. I mean one would think that the artist would have picked up on it, after all he/she is permanently altering your body. Or maybe he/she did notice and thought what a dumb shit and that he deserves to be ridiculed for the rest of his life. (I'd like to think the latter, yes I do have a sadistic streak in me).

And please remember don't be a homophobe, homophones are your friends.

No comments: